“Is anyone here using Premiere Elements to edit TiVo files? If so, how are you doing it? I’d like to be able to import several TiVo files into Premiere and edit it. Anyone doing such a thing? What’s your workflow? Thanks for any replies.”
The reason the file is not supported is because only a handful of programs currently support .tivo files in their native format, which is MPEG-2 based, but in what someone described as being in a ".tivo wrapper." You will need a program that will work with it in that form, or else removes it so that it will be recognizable by other video software.
An easy-to-use yet professional app Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (read review) which can be used as a Mac TiVo to Premiere Elements Converter under macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard.
With it, you can effortlessly transcode TiVo shows to MPEG-2 video for Adobe Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6/CC, and it works well and converts flawlessly. Meanwhile, the Mac Video Conversion tool can create files compatible with various non-linear editing systems like Avid, FCE, FCP, iMovie, and DaVinci Resolve, etc. For encoding TiVo to Premiere Elements friendly video on Windows, try Pavtube HD Video Converter. Below is how.
Hot search: MXF to Premiere Elements ǀ AVI to Premiere Elements ǀ MP4 to Premiere Elements ǀ 4K XAVC S to Premiere Elements
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
1: Load TiVo files to the program
Start up this TiVo converter program, and then click “Add” to import all .tivo files.
Tip: When first loading, this Mac TiVo Converter will ask you to input your Media Access Key. Simply enter your Media Access Key, and click "OK" to confirm.
2: Choose output profile for Premiere Elements
Select “Format” pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Premiere Elements.
Tips: You can click “settings” button in the main interface to customize the output video’s parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc.
3: Start TiVo to Adobe Premiere Elements conversion
Click the big "Convert" button at the bottom right corner, this Mac video converter will start to convert TiVo to .MPG for Premiere Elements! Once the conversion completes, you are free to use TiVo files in Premiere Elements.
- Import and Edit Pentax K-70 60i/50i MOV/MP4 with Adobe Premiere
- Convert Canon C300 Mark II MXF to Premiere Elements
- How to Edit Panasonic Lumix GX8 4K AVCHD/MP4 in Premiere Elements
- How to edit Panasonic DMC-GH4R 4K videos in Adobe Premiere Elements 13/12
- Transcode and Edit DJI Osmo 4K MP4 Video with Premiere Elements 12/13